A pumpkin pie flavored protein shake that’s rich, creamy and delicious!
Prep Time5 minutes Cook Time10 minutes Total Time15 minutes Servings2 People Calories216kcal
- 1/2 Cup Canned pumpkin puree
- 1 Medium banana sliced and frozen
- 1 Cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein vanilla
- ¼ Cup Almond milk
- optional garnish: light whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice
- Place the pumpkin puree, banana, Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, protein powder and almond milk in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve, topped with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Ideally, opt for a good quality protein powder that is minimally processed, doesn’t have a lots of added sugar. Take a look at our options for Protein in this recipe here.
- Use unsweetened almond milk, it's low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals, it also gives a good consistency.
- If you find your smoothie to be too sweet, add a splash of lemon juice.
- Natural sweeteners like honey and pure maple syrup are great for upping the sweetness.
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the smoothie!
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 569mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 9860IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg