Protein Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freeze time: 30 minutes
4 cups brown rice crisps (or classic Rice Krispies)
½ cup all-natural peanut butter (or other nut butter), partially melted
½ cup brown rice syrup
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease a 9-inch by 9-inch pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together melted peanut butter, brown rice syrup, protein powder and vanilla until it forms a dough consistency.
- Add brown rice crisps to the peanut butter mixture. Use your hands to gently fold the rice crisps into the mixture. Then, pour mixture into the pan.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture out evenly and press into pan so the bars are compact.
- Place into freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Before serving or storing, use a sharp knife to cut your treats into squares.
Do not substitute honey or agave for brown rice syrup, since this sticky ingredient is essential to the recipe’s texture.