Crunchy, easy to make, and topped with a delicious maple glaze.
Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 25 minutes Servings 12 Calories 110kcal
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tbsp Natural Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vanilla Whey Protein or Vegan Protein
- 1/3 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Or Vegan Protein
- 1 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Pecans
- In a large bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add in the pumpkin puree and almond butter and stir until a dough forms. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough and scoop using a cookie scooper. Place the cookie dough balls onto the parchment paper and use your fingertips to press them flat.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, stir together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Add in the protein powder and stir until combined. Add in the almond milk and stir until glaze forms. Spoon glaze over each cookie and top with crushed pecans.
- Use a preheated oven.
- To make vegan, swap the whey protein with vegan protein.
- Allow the cookies to cool before glazing, otherwise, the glaze will not harden.
- For this recipe use pure canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is loaded with other ingredients and flavorings, that'll also change the flavor of these healthy pumpkin cookies.
- Ideally use a cookie scoop to portion out the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle a touch of pumpkin spice onto the finished glazed cookies for an extra spice hit!
- Don’t overbake the cookies. You want these Healthy Pumpkin Cookies nice and soft, not dry. When you pull them out of the oven, they will look slightly under baked but will continue to bake on the cookie sheet for a couple more minutes- perfect!
- To measure your flour accurately, spoon the flour into the measuring cup until it's overfilled. Then, use the back of a butter knife to push off the excess flour.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 870IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.7mg