Nov 19 , 2020
Ingredients7 Prep Time 5minutes Cook Time10minutes Total Time15minutes
Ingredients (24 bites)
- 3/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 60g unflavored protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 14 (263g) pitted dates
- 1 measured cup (16 tablespoons) almond butter (with oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5oz no-sugar added dark chocolate baking bar with Stevia (I used Lily’s brand)
- Add oatmeal, protein and cinnamon to a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until you have a fine powder like flour.
- Add the pitted dates, nut butter and extract.
- Pulse blend until you have a sticky, chunky mixture.
- Scoop out the batter onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread it evenly on the sheet and pat/mash it down so it is packed in.
- Place in the freezer as you prepare the chocolate.
- Place chocolate bar (or chunks) in a microwaveable safe bowl and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes until melted.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and evenly spread the melted chocolate on top of the oat & protein mix.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour (or fridge for 2 hours), then remove and cut into your desired portions.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or freezer for 1 month.
- I used collagen peptide protein. I highly recommend using it OR substituting with an isolate whey protein. Depending on which type of protein powder you use, you may need more/less dates for sweetness and to help with binding, OR you may need more/less nut butter. The thicker the protein powder is, the more dates and nut butter you will need to add in order to make it dense like a bar.
- You can also use vanilla or chocolate flavored protein powder
- I soaked my dates in water for 5 minutes before blending in order to soften them and make them easier to blend.
- The smaller the tray, the thicker (higher) your bars will be, so select the size that coincides with your desired thickness.