Nov 18 , 2020
Banana Protein Donuts
Protein-packed banana donuts topped with a chocolate glaze. Makes 18 mini donuts or 9 regular sized donuts.
Prep Time5 minutes Cook Time35 minutes Total Time40 minutes Servings9 Calories203kcal
- 2 Bananas Very Ripe
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Almond butter
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein Vanilla (can use vegan protein also)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a regular sized or mini donut pan with cooking spray.
- Place the bananas, eggs, almond butter and coconut oil in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the banana mixture in a bowl and stir in the coconut flour, protein powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Spoon the batter into each cavity of the pan - the batter should fill 2/3 of each donut shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for mini donuts or 15-18 minutes for regular sized donuts, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then unmold the donuts and place on a cooling rack.
- Heat the cream in the microwave until very hot but not boiling, approximately 20-30 seconds. Add the chocolate to the hot cream and stir until smooth. Dip each donut into the chocolate and top with sprinkles.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 0.9mg