Nov 18 , 2020
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Prep Time15 minutes Cook Time20 minutes Total Time35 minutes Servings12 Servings Calories156kcal
- 2 Cups white Whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Scoop vanilla flavor protein
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut sugar or low-calorie sweetener equivalent
- 1 5.3 oz Container vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil Melted
- 1 Cup Unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 ½ Cups Apples peeled and diced
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, protein powder, and cinnamon. Stir until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In another medium bowl, mix the egg and sugar. Then stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the ingredients are just combined - do not over mix.
- Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with paper muffin liners. Divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan for 3 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1.1mg