If you’re anything like us, you can’t wait to cuddle up in your bed at night and get a full night’s rest to prepare for the day ahead. It’s the perfect reward for a productive day and the best remedy to a mediocre one.
Sleep should be as easy as closing your eyes, relaxing, and letting your body’s natural instincts take over. Unfortunately, many people struggle to make this a reality. They can’t get comfortable, they toss and turn, they can’t stop thinking, and their eyes remain open.
Before they know it, their alarm is going off and it’s time to start the new day -- bummer.
Studies show that nearly 27% of all Americans won’t receive an adequate amount of sleep each night. Furthermore, 68% of Americans will have this difficulty at least once per week. If this sounds like you, it could be your body yelling for help -- help that Carefast is prepared to give!
With Carefast’s Sleep formula, you can unlock the true power behind sleep. Not only will it effectively help you fall asleep faster, but it will allow you to stay asleep so your body can properly repair and rejuvenate itself.
To help you understand the key components behind our Sleep formula, we’re going to break down everything you need to know so you can sleep in confidence!
The Power of Melatonin and GABA
Melatonin and GABA are two fairly recognizable terms, yet many people have no idea what they do for the body. Believe it or not, they both play a major role in your circadian rhythm, sleep patterns, and sleep quality.
Melatonin is the most popular sleep aid supplement and is actually produced by the body. Many call it the “darkness hormone” due to the body producing it in the pineal gland when exposed to darkness. In addition to that, Melatonin will be released in the body automatically when the sun goes down around 8-9 pm.
The release of Melatonin is the body’s way of saying it’s time for bed. Likewise, the body will stop producing it in the morning when the sun starts to rise. This is why it’s much easier to wake up when the blinds are open and also why it’s tough to sleep with the lights on.
You’ll find 1.5mg of Melatonin in each serving of Sleep by Carefast, but that’s not the only thing working in your sleep’s favor. GABA, also known as Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, is an amino acid largely used as a supplement for relaxation.
GABA is mainly produced in the brain and acts as a neurotransmitter. It’ll actually reduce the amount of activity in the brain and neurons that make it up. The less activity, the more relaxed you’ll feel, and the easier it will be to fall asleep.
Gaining Extra Comfort With Amino Acids
If you got excited over GABA, we don’t blame you -- but we didn’t stop there with the amino acids. We included various others that contribute to a full night’s sleep:
- L-Leucine - one of the three BCAAs, leucine is responsible for muscle repair, protein synthesis, and regulating blood sugar levels.
- L-Valine - the second of three BCAAs, valine is responsible for muscle regeneration, muscle growth, and energy production (yes, you still need energy when you sleep).
- L-Isoleucine - the third BCAA, isoleucine plays a role in regulating energy, muscle metabolism, the immune system, and the production of hemoglobin.
- L-Glutamine - known as a conditionally-essential amino acid, glutamine is important for the immune system, intestinal health, and helps break down protein.
- L-Arginine - one of the main responsibilities of arginine is regulating blood pressure due to the production of nitric oxide, but it also helps the immune system and hormone release.
- L-Theanine - found in both green and black tea, theanine is an amino acid that promotes a relaxed body and mind. It’s the reason tea is perfect at night.
- L-Tyrosine - made from another amino acid, phenylalanine, tyrosine is essential for the production of dopamine and noradrenaline (relaxation and stress-free).
As you can see, we’ve designed this formula to benefit your sleep pattern from all angles. Not only will you feel relaxed and ready for sleep, but your body will actively repair itself throughout the night. This is what leads to that fresh feeling when you wake up from a full night’s rest.
Adding Our Sleep Formula to Your Nightly Routine
In addition to all of the goodies we’ve discussed above, Carefast’s Sleep formula also contains 5-HTP, Ornithine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, and Zinc.
Better yet, it will produce one of your favorite night-time beverages -- HOT CHOCOLATE. Just add one packet to 6oz of hot water and you’re good to go. If you can think of a more relaxing way to end the day, we wouldn’t believe you.
Now that you know everything there is to know about Sleep by Carefast, it’s time to try it out for yourself! Don’t worry, we’ll be ready to assist you with any questions you may have!