May 18 , 2020
The Keto diet has grown in popularity over the past few years as more people are introduced to the amazing benefits it provides. Unfortunately for some individuals, switching to a low-carb, high-fat diet can be impossible to obtain.
Whether you’ve found success with a Keto diet or are struggling to make it work, Keto BHB supplements are here to save the day. Designed to put in your body in the state of ketosis without having to follow the intense diet, Keto BHB supplements have allowed many to regain their confidence in life.
If you’re new to the power of Keto BHB supplements, we’ll break down everything you need to know below -- including what makes our Key 2 Keto supplement the perfect addition to your daily regimen.
Understanding Keto BHB SupplementsOur bodies work in mysterious ways, but I’m sure you already knew that. Every time you consume food or supplements, you’re supplying your body with the nutrients it needs to function properly.
Of course, one of the main things a body needs is energy. While we typically turn to carbs as a source of energy, carbs aren’t always available -- whether it be on purpose or on accident. With our bodies running low on energy, they’ll start searching for other sources.
This is where stored fat will come in handy. The fat will be broken down in the liver into chemicals called ketones, which will eventually be converted into ATP -- otherwise known as the energy currency of the body.
How many different ketones are there?
There are three different ketone bodies produced in the liver -- Acetone, Acetoacetate (AcAc), and Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB). Also known as physiological ketones, only two of them will provide any value to the body.
Let’s take a closer look at each of these ketone bodies so we can see why BHB reigns superior:
- Acetoacetate (AcAc) - this is the first ketone produced when the body is in a state of ketosis and will make up about 20% of all ketones in the body. It’ll either provide the body with fuel or be converted into one of the other two ketones.
- Acetone - only making up about 2% of all ketones in the body, Acetone will not provide the body with energy and will largely be responsible for the bad breath most people experience once they enter a state of ketosis.
- Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB) - the most abundant ketone in the body, BHB makes up about 80% of ketones in circulation. It’ll be converted into energy (not another ketone) and can even cross the blood-brain barrier.
As you can see, BHB and AcAc are the two ketones your body will use for fuel. Still, AcAc won’t cross the blood-brain barrier and will require a longer process before being converted into energy.
If our bodies produce BHB, why do we need to supplement with it?
When talking about ketones, you’ll likely see the terms endogenous and exogenous thrown around often. Don’t worry, this isn’t meant to confuse you.
Endogenous ketones are going to be the ketones your body produces naturally, either during exercise, fasting, or a keto diet. On the flip side, exogenous ketones are ones you consume through supplements -- such as Keto BHB supplements.
Those that can’t achieve endogenous ketones can highly benefit from the supplementation of exogenous ketones. Even those that currently produce endogenous ketones can receive an extra boost with supplements.
Why Choose Key 2 Keto?
When we created our Keto BHB formula -- Key 2 Keto -- we envisioned a supplement that provided more than the clean energy you receive from ketones. With the inclusion of Beet Root Crystals, our formula will also target nitric oxide levels in the body.*
This powerful combination is why Key 2 Keto goes above and beyond when it comes to BHB supplements. Here are just some of the benefits you’ll experience with our formula*:
- Supports Weight Loss* - with a low-carb diet, insulin levels are known to decrease in the body. This allows fat to be released by the tissue. Since ketosis is already burning fat, this can lead to rapid weight loss.
- Increases Life Span* - ketones are known to reduce oxidative stress and improve mitochondria cells, which will promote longevity and health.
- Improves Brain Health* - some studies show BHB reducing Amyloid, a molecule linked to several brain disorders. Combining that with reduced oxidative stress will do wonders for the brain.
- Provides Clean Energy* - as explained above, our bodies will turn to BHB as a source of energy when carbs or glucose aren’t present.
- Increase Nitric Oxide Levels* - it is known that beets are rich in nitrates, which are eventually converted into nitric oxide. This is an extremely important molecule that plays a role in allowing blood, nutrients, oxygen to be transported throughout the body efficiently.
If you’re searching for a Keto BHB supplement that makes you feel alive again, Key 2 Keto is available now -- in a delicious Fruit Punch flavor, too! With zero carbs and 6,000mg of BHB, you’ll be able to find that quality of life we often lose sight of.
Contact us today if you have any questions, our team can’t wait to speak with you!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.